To be accepted into the program applicants must:
- Fill and submit an application form – applications due by Nov. 1st. (You will be redirected to the Taos Institute website)
- Submit the application and pay the application fee (not refundable)
- Have a Skype interview with a member of the admissions committee
- Write and submit a 300-500 word essay in English addressing your hopes and aspirations for the degree
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a copy of the following documents:
- birth certificate
- bachelor’s degree diploma
- bachelor’s degree transcripts
Semester Fees and Tuition
Once accepted and enrolled in the program, there are no refunds if a student withdraws from the program at any time. All semester fees and tuition must be paid in full at the beginning of each semester.
The tuition fee is $5,000.00 US per semester. There are 4 semesters to complete the program. Total amount paid for the program is: $20,000 US. This tuition rate may incur small increases over the two years of the program due to additional program expenses.
APPLY NOW AT THIS LINK – CLICK HERE. (You will be redirected to the Taos Institute website)
This program is an online program. All coursework is offered virtually. The only “in-person” requirements are the defense of the thesis which takes place it Merida, Mexico, and the student’s MA project which takes place in their own location.
To pass a course and receive credit
There are four requirements:
- Attend at least 80% of all virtual classroom sessions of two hours with a professor once a week
- Complete all independent work individually or in small groups (forums, chats, group projects) and upload to the Moodle platform
- Complete all the required readings
- Pass all the coursework with a minimum of 80 out of 100 points
There are four graduation requirements:
- Complete and pass all subjects and courses covered by the curriculum with an 80% or higher
- Complete 120 hours of supervised practice in your field of work (students are responsible for finding their practicum.) The supervision must be done with a Kanankil-Taos approved supervisor.
- Write a thesis (supervisor must be assigned and approved by the Kanankil-Taos coordinator)
- The defense of your thesis takes place on site at the Kanankil Institute in Yucatan, MX. Students must travel to Merida, Mexico for the defense. All travel and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the student.